After a 60-game regular season and expanded postseason format which included two sub-.500 clubs, the World Series will consist of the teams with the best record in each league for the first time since 2013 as the Tampa Bay Rays and Los Angeles Dodgers square off at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas, beginning Tuesday, Oct. 20.
The Dodgers are playing in the Fall Classic for the third time in the last four years, having not won a title since 1988, while the Rays have reached the World Series for the second time in franchise history and the first time since 2008.
Let’s break down what you need to know heading into the World Series.
Who: Tampa Bay Rays vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
When: (Game 1) Tuesday, Oct. 20, 8:09 p.m. ET
Full series schedule:
- Game 1: Tuesday, Oct. 20, 8:09 p.m. ET
- Game 2: Wednesday, Oct. 21, 8:08 p.m. ET
- Game 3: Friday, Oct. 23, 8:08 p.m. ET
- Game 4: Saturday, Oct. 24, 8:08 p.m. ET
- Game 5: Sunday, Oct. 25, 8:08 p.m. ET*
- Game 6: Tuesday, Oct. 27, 8:08 p.m. ET*
- Game 7: Wednesday, Oct. 28, 8:09 p.m. ET*
Where: Globe Life Field, Arlington, TX
How to watch/listen: FOX, ESPN Radio
On page 2: How they got here